1. Purpose of personal information management
The Moon Co., Ltd. (www.moonchoistudio.com, moonchoistudio.com, hereinafter “the Moon Choi”) collects and processes personal information for the following purposes. Personal information collected shall not be used for any purposes other than for the followings. The Moon Choi will seek prior consent of the person who is the subject of the personal information (hereinafter “the User”) before any changes to the intended use is implemented.
- Membership registration and management for E-newsletters: the Moon Choi processes personal information to confirm the User’s intention to be a registered member and to identify or certify the Users’ identity for provision of membership services.
- Provision of goods and services: the Moon Choi processes personal information to deliver goods, provide services, verify the User’s identification and age, accept payment or settle invoices and prevent illegal use of the other’s name.
- Marketing and advertisement: the Moon Choi processes personal information to develop new services/goods and provide customized services, provide event-related or advertising information and offer participation in events.
2. Personal information processing and retention period
- The Moon Choi processes and retains personal information during the period agreed by the User or permitted by law.
- Personal information processing and retention periods are as follows –
- Membership registration and management for E-newsletters: the Moon Choi processes and retains personal information until the User withdraws his membership or his consent to receive E-newsletters. Where the Moon Choi is required by law to retain personal information for a certain period, the Moon Choi shall process and retain personal information for the period required by law.
- Provision of goods and services: the Moon Choi processes and retains personal information for 5 years from the date when the User gives consent to collect or use of his personal information or until the time when the User withdraws his consent. Where the Moon Choi is required by law to retain for a certain period, the Moon Choi shall process and retain personal information for the period required by law.
- Marketing and advertisement: the Moon Choi processes and retains personal information for 2 years from the date when the User gives consent to collect or use of his personal information or until the time when the User withdraws his consent. Where the Moon Choi is required by law to retain for a certain period, the Moon Choi shall process and retain personal information for the period required by law.
3. Provision of personal information to third party
The Moon Choi provides personal information to a third party only when it is permitted by the Personal Information Protection Act such as when the User gives consent or provision of personal information is expressly allowed under the applicable laws and regulations.
4. Entrustment of personal information processing
- For smooth handling of personal information, the Moon Choi may entrust certain works related to personal information processing.
The Moon Choi, in accordance with Article 26 of the Personal Information Protection Act, will specify the following matters in an entrustment agreement and supervises the entrusted party for safe use of the personal information provided.
- Prohibit the entrusted party from processing personal information for any purpose other than for carrying out the entrusted works;
- Technical and administrative measures to protect personal information;
- Restrict sub-contract of the entrusted works;
- Manage and supervise the entrusted party; and
- Liabilities and compensation
- Any change of the entrusted party or the entrusted works will be immediately published through this policy.
5. Rights of the User and how the User exercises such rights
As the subject of personal information, the User may exercise the following rights –
- Right to access to personal information;
- Right to request correction of any error;
- Right to request deletion of personal information;
- Right to request stop processing of personal information
6. What information we collect and how we collect such information
The Moon Choi collects personal information as follows –
- Sign up membership or event booking through the Moon Choi’s website, paper, telephone, fax or e-mail;
- Automatic collection through cookies embedded in the Moon Choi’s website.
- The Moon Choi collects the following information which are essential for the Moon Choi to provide services.
Registration and management of membership
- Required: name, date of birth, e-mail address
- Optional: address, gender
Registration and management for E-newsletters
- Required: name, e-mail address
Provision of goods and services
- Required: name, date of birth, nationality, ID, password, address, telephone number, e-mail address, credit card information
Marketing and advertisement
- Required: name, gender, age, address, telephone number, e-mail address
- Cookies are embedded in the Moon Choi’s website for the User’s convenience. Personal information such as IP address, name of the User’s workplace, web address and location of the User (city and country) may be automatically created and collected by cookies.
- The User may block all or some cookies by activating the setting on the browser.
7. Disposal of personal information
The Moon Choi disposes personal information without delay when personal information becomes no longer necessary. The procedure, timing and method of disposal are as follows –
- Procedure: the Moon Choi identifies personal information that needs to be destroyed and, with approval of the Moon Choi’s personal information manager, destroys such information. When the intended purposes to collect and process personal information are achieved, the Moon Choi stores personal information in a separate database (in case of personal information in paper form, in a separate document) and disposes such personal information after preserving it for a period required by law or the Moon Choi’s internal policies. Personal information preserved, unless allowed by law, will not be used for other purposes than the intended purposes.
- When destroy: personal information will be destroyed within 5 days after occurrence of an event causing disposal.
- How to destroy: personal information in electronic form will be destroyed using technical tools, which prevents such information from being reproduced. Personal information in paper form will be destroyed using shredder or by fire.
8. Measures to secure safety of personal information
The Moon Choi, in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act, takes the following technical, administrative and physical measures necessary to protect personal information –
- Regular internal audits: the Moon Choi conducts internal audits periodically (on a quarterly basis) to secure safety of personal information.
- Minimize number of staff processing personal information and training: the Moon Choi appoints minimum number of staff in charge of processing personal information and give permission to handle personal information only to such staff.
- Establish and implement internal management plan: the Moon Choi establishes and implements internal management plan to safely handle personal information.
- Technical measures to prevent hacking: the Moon Choi installs security programs to prevent leakage or damage of personal information caused by computer hacking or virus, and renews and checks the system regularly. The information system is located where access from outside is controlled and monitored through technical and physical measures.
- Encryption of personal information: the User’s personal information are stored and managed in an encrypted form so that only the User can know them. In addition, important data is stored and transmitted in an encrypted form and/or secured by the file locking function.
- Storage of access records and prevention of forging or falsifying logs: the Moon Choi stores and manages records of access to personal information system for at least 6 months and uses security programs to prevent the access records from being forged or falsified, stolen or lost.
- Limited access to personal information: the Moon Choi takes measures to control access to personal information by controlling authorization to access personal information database system, and prevents unauthorized access from outside using intrusion prevention system.
- Use of locking device to secure documents: the Moon Choi keeps documents and storage device in a safe place where locking devices are installed.
- Control of unauthorized access: the Moon Choi has a storage place where personal information is physically stored, and establishes and implements procedures to control access to such place.
9.Personal information protection manager
- The Moon Choi appoints a personal information protection manager who is responsible for all matters relating to personal information processing and handling the User’s complaints arising out of processing of his personal information.
Personal information protection manager
Name: Moon Choi
Title: representative director of the Moon Choi
Personal information management division
Person in charge: Stella Choi
The User may contact the personal information protection manager or the personal information management division regarding all inquires or complaints related to personal information. The Moon Choi will promptly respond to such inquires or complaints.
10. Request to see personal information
The User may request the following division to see his personal information in accordance with Article 35 of the Personal Information Protection Act. The Moon Choi will handle such requests as promptly as possible.
Person in charge: Stella Choi
11. If the User’ rights and interests related to personal information is infringed
The User may contact the following institutions for consultation about infringement of his rights or interests related to personal information, if the User is not satisfied with the services of the Moon Choi in handling his complaints related to personal information.
Personal Information Protection Centre
(Operated by Korea Internet & Security Agency)
- What they do: take reports on infringement of personal information and provide counseling services.
- Website: privacy.kisa.or.kr
- Telephone: 118 (without area code)
- Address: Personal Information Protection Centre, 9 Jinheung-gil, Naju-si, Jeollanam-do, Korea 58324
Personal Information Dispute Mediation Committee
- What they do: receive applications for mediation of personal information related disputes
- Website: www.kopico.go.kr
- Telephone: 1833-6972 (without area code)
- Address: 209, Seojong-daero, Sejongno, Jongno-gu, Seoul, Korea 03171
Cybercrime Investigation Department of the Supreme Prosecutors’ Office:
Korean National Police Agency Cyber Bureau: 182 (http://cyberbureau.police.go.kr)
This policy will take effect from the effective date, and any addition, deletion or correction of the policy will be published 7 days prior to the date on which such changes take effect.